Dental veneers could be a viable option for achieving the desired appearance. They are a common option for people who have damaged teeth, a gap between their teeth, or teeth that are misshaped.
Dental veneers are thin covers that stick to teeth to give them a more classically formed appearance. Next Level Dental, P.C. provides a wide range of dental veneer choices.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are placed on the surface of the teeth to improve the appearance and give patients a more attractive smile. The method for placing veneers is minimally invasive and only requires a small bit of enamel to be removed for them to fit.
What Is the Purpose of Veneers?
Veneers can be used to treat a wide range of dental flaws, including:
- Stained teeth that cannot be whitened with standard teeth whitening procedures
- Teeth that have become worn or chipped
- teeth that are crooked or deformed
- Large gaps or irregular spacing between the front teeth
Benefits of Dental Veneers
- The appearance that appears natural
- Veneers feature stain-resistance properties.
- They are long-lasting and durable.
- The process is painless and quick.
- There is a lower likelihood of requiring anesthesia.
- Maintenance or care is minimal, as long as basic oral hygiene is maintained.
- You can change the color to fit the tone of your teeth.
- They don't normally require as much shaping as crowns, but they're stronger and look better.
How Are Veneers Placed on Teeth?
- Our dentist will remove some enamel from the front and sides of your teeth to make way for the veneer. The dentist will skip this procedure if you are getting lumineers.
- Your dentist will then imprint the prepared tooth structure.
- You and our dentist will decide on the best veneer shade to fit your smile so that the veneer appears natural.
- Our dentist will send the tooth imprint to a dental laboratory, which will custom-make the veneer to fit perfectly. This process can take several weeks, and in the meanwhile, our dentist will cover the teeth with temporary veneers.
- At your next appointment, our dentist will remove the temporary veneers and place the permanent veneers on your teeth to ensure that they fit and look right. Before gluing the veneer, your dentist will carefully clean your teeth.
If you are interested in learning more about our dental veneer treatments, visit our office, Next Level Dental, P.C., at 693 President Pl #101, Smyrna, TN 37167, or call at (615) 459-6354 and schedule an appointment.