Gum disease is a common condition that can cause a hurricane of damage to your oral health. In fact, gum disease can cause your teeth to fall out, your gums to swell and bleed, and your bone in your jaw to deteriorate. That is why avoiding it may be essential for preserving your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Coley Ramsey, is qualified to help you identify and treat gum disease. Furthermore, our team at Next Level Dental in Smyrna, Tennessee, is happy to help you understand the inside scoop what it is, so your teeth and gums can stay healthy and strong throughout your lifetime.
Here are a few things that you should know about gum disease:
– It can cause your gums to bleed and swell.
– Gum disease can also go deep into your gums and cause the bone in your jaw to deteriorate.
– Bad breath is a warning sign, and you may need to see our dentist if it persists.
– If you do not seek treatment for this condition, your teeth could fall out entirely.
– Gum disease can be prevented with proper oral health routines such as brushing and flossing.
– One sign of gum disease could be your gums pulling away from your teeth.
As you can see, gum disease can be a threat to your oral health and should be avoided. If you have gum disease and need help, or if you are in need of a dental checkup, then please call us today at 615-459-6354 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to help you with your gum disease troubles and lead your smile back to positive oral health.